Frank Meintjies Poems
- Nelson Mandela; A Sanguine Far... during the week nelson ...
- Poem For Nelson Mandela On His...
- We Write What We Like We write what we like because when ...
- Memory from the bottom draw i withdraw my things wrapped in...
- Night Of The Xenophobes they are out tonight white paint ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Frank Meintjies
Nelson Mandela; A Sanguine Farewell
during the week nelson mandela died
death lost its sting
a small yellow bird came
to knock, with its beak, against my window pane
early, gently, like drizzle, like sunset, like green of a hill, like touch of an open hand
soft as new skin over a wound
gentle as the kora
vibrating in the ear
during the week that soul left body
it rained, extensively, intensively
soggy fields, waterlogged lawns, drenched thatch, muddy pools;
urban bodies enduring change &
long-walkers to rural ...