Frank Meintjies Poems
- Nelson Mandela; A Sanguine Far... during the week nelson ...
- Poem For Nelson Mandela On His...
- Lion the languid lion lifts his mane tattoo-like scars on ...
- Return Station (my homecoming) you get off the ...
- Apprentice dressed in allover blue the clocking of your ...
- We Write What We Like We write what we like because when ...
- Memory from the bottom draw i withdraw my things wrapped in...
Based in Johannesburg, Frank Meintjies works in the field of social development. Frank's creative writing has been included in several South African anthologies. He also frequently contributes to the world of poetry through participation in readings. His latest poetry collection (2015) is Unfettered Days. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Frank Meintjies
Nelson Mandela; A Sanguine Farewell
during the week nelson mandela died
death lost its sting
a small yellow bird came
to knock, with its beak, against my window pane
early, gently, like drizzle, like sunset, like green of a hill, like touch of an open hand
soft as new skin over a wound
gentle as the kora
vibrating in the ear
during the week that soul left body
it rained, extensively, intensively
soggy fields, waterlogged lawns, drenched thatch, muddy pools;
urban bodies enduring change &
long-walkers to rural ...