Frank Meintjies Poems
- Apprentice dressed in allover blue the clocking of your ...
- Nelson Mandela; A Sanguine Far... during the week nelson ...
- Poem For Nelson Mandela On His...
- Return Station (my homecoming) you get off the ...
- Night Of The Xenophobes they are out tonight white paint ...
- We Write What We Like We write what we like because when ...
- Memory from the bottom draw i withdraw my things wrapped in...
Based in Johannesburg, Frank Meintjies works in the field of social development. Frank's creative writing has been included in several South African anthologies. He also frequently contributes to the world of poetry through participation in readings. His latest poetry collection (2015) is Unfettered Days. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Frank Meintjies
dressed in allover blue
the clocking of your card
your arm turns to blowtorch
surgically slicing metal plates
according to template
your head a sponge
sucking up expletives and metallic screeches
that you reckon bounce off, no sweat
till a smash on the foot, courtesy of falling hammers
unrivets your tongue
breaking some hinges
your ears are fake blotters
shredded by the
steady drizzling of iron filings
till there's just your mind
the small space kept lucid
in which to measure the angles