George Price Poems
- A Changing Mood Oh mankind be not happy Do not let smiles ...
- Stillness What is this world, this silence? The cracked ...
- Sonnet On Tears Tears fall on shoulders and cracks in ...
- Drinking Games At first it's just a beer in hand, Land ...
- A Boy In Philosophy A head of scruffy hairs Strays looping ...
- I'Ll Make It Through Tomorrow I do the Drudgery of life, ...
- Across The Valley Somewhere 'cross the stormy valley Through...
I'm a student and general layabout from the UK, living in the rural county of Norfolk. I occasionally write, both poetry and prose, mainly to keep me sane. It sometimes works. Anyway, please do read my stuff and let me know what you think.
Also, if you do enjoy my work, please do take a look at the poetry of Jack Growden of Australia; he's another young poet with a similar style and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about George Price
A Changing Mood
Oh mankind be not happy
Do not let smiles tear
The fabric of self
For Hell tastes twice as bad
Once you have flown.
And just downstairs from where
I write they sit and laugh
I cannot stop to think.
They all despise and hate
My every living cell.
For who cares
Who wants the failed fraud
Who cannot think what next to write
But words of anger, hatred, greed.
Who truly thinks of little me?
I think, I hope, I dream.
You, who cannot smile, but beam
Who brings the world alive
And, if Hell is twice, nay thrice, as bad for ...