Gita Ashok Poems
- Candyfloss Whenever we go to an amusement park or fair, ...
- An Ode To Dna Even though you’re minuscule, we call you a ...
- Your Inner Voice Amidst all clamour stay calm, stay ...
- Across The Sahara Miles and miles of sand with no horizon in...
- As The School Bell Rings Tis sharp two in the ...
- An Ice Cube Unassuming, humble and colorless, with perfect ...
- I Am Time I crawl, I creep, I walk, I run. Like an ...
I play multiple fascinating roles in the drama of life - that of a daughter, sister, wife, daughter-in-law, aunt, mother, teacher, student, devotee, friend, artist, writer, reader, editor and so on and so forth.... Above all, a human being who is all the time intrigued by every tiny aspect of life on this planet. And now PoemHunter has given me a new and exciting role to play... that of a poet! ! ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Gita Ashok
Whenever we go
to an amusement park or fair,
I’m eagerly on the lookout
for the candyfloss sold there.
The light pink candyfloss –
I just can’t stop marveling
at how skillfully it’s made
to look like a pink fluffy cloud at sunset.
I’ve always been wanting
to touch a soft fluffy cloud
and candyfloss is truly
a good substitute for a cloud.
I love the blissful feel of it
in my mouth where -
it melts within moments
into sweet nothingness.
Whenever I eat candyfloss,
I hope I can freeze time and make it last –
But Alas! ...