Glenn Bagshaw Poems
- Afternoon In Summer Cloud-popping, blue-raved summer ...
- Famous Lines From Love Poems M...
- Poof! You think it's magic that light will climb the skies, ...
- The No-Light In The Head When we finish our dance our bulk ...
- Allan Tate At Christmas On this His winter's day the Christ ...
- She Remembers Him -------------------- Drifting, shifting, ...
- Funeral Flowers Cresting flowers are plumed as waves. Lives,...
Born, living, destined to die................ more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Glenn Bagshaw
Afternoon In Summer
Cloud-popping, blue-raved summer sky
with light stuck out like a tongue:
you're the gorgon's gaze
to a warm, dry earth
charmed almost stone.
For voice the sweeping laugh
of wind's your way.
Even the morning-marvelling birds
are almost crazed in the bright wideness
of your tuned world.
They cry the sun-thrilled call of:
Sky! Sky! Sky!
Wings fling in tree-tipped reach of vaulted runs
sun-dialed in time-
Inches the touch of thrifty night-
and, with thumb smudged in shadows,
snuffs out the light.