Biography of Jacqui Thewless
- Strange Thoughts, Tonight.
- Et tu
- Blessing for your heart
- Haiku (5) : for the way the wind blow...
- For the Girl in The Shelter
- Dylan T.
- The Writing Class at Lampeter
- Poem for Ben, who said: There is no Mo...
- Tin Tabernacle, Pembroke
- Orkney Future
Every year in winter I forget what spring is like. Here in Pembroke, and throughout the county, the first harbinger is a white froth of Blackthorn blossom – before the first greening of trees. Yet white is cool; a chaste colour. Later, when the first young green leaves in the hedgerows peep, a sense of warmth to come is quickened and our spirits lift.
At home, I feed the garden birds until the end of March. It is a rare treat to catch a glimpse of the wren.
buoyant winter bird
hidden in t