James Lee Jobe
James Lee Jobe Poems
- Driving Through Downtown Sacra...
- What Happened On Texas Highway...
- Poison Look, there's Death in Sister's face, in her eyes - ...
- Kindness Six days till Solstice, and in the news there is ...
- Eternity Charlie, sunrise is a three-legged mongrel dog,
- The End Of Summer A crow screams at me from the eave of the ...
- The Things That Happened When ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Driving Through Downtown Sacramento At 3 A.M. Thinking About Our Poems
The city is shivering, empty,
and looks like a model
of another city far away;
somewhere we will never go.
Rainy streets slip by, lights
flash yellow; caution! The river
is black, dimpled, and we ask -
What is this Forever anyway?
But the river doesn't answer,
and the city doesn't answer -
all of this is in our head.
All of this is in our poem.