Janet Hamilton was a nineteenth century Scottish poet.
Was born as Janet Thomson at Carshill, Shotts parish, Lanarkshire, 12 Oct. 1795, the daughter of a shoemaker. In her childhood the family moved to Hamilton, and then to Langloan, in the parish of Old Monkland, Lanarkshire. For a time her parents became farm labourers, and Janet, remaining at home, span and worked at the ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Civil War In America--Expostulation
- Comparative Slavery
- Auld Scotland's Welcome To Garibaldi
- Lines On The Death of My Mother
- On The Death of A Highly Gifted And Proc...
- The Communion of Saints
- A True Story: To Young Abstainers
- A Real Incident of The Persecuting Times...
- A Plea For The Deric
- A Phase of The War In America, 1864
- A Parody On
- A Memory: Banks of Calder And Cousin Dor...
- A Lay of The Tambour Frame
- A Lay of The Loch An' The Muirlan'
Comments about Janet Hamilton
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)