Jean Renwick Poems
- Time For Peace The love of time and the grief of time, the ...
- One Day Left Make love in a rainforest, Make love in the ...
- Explorer I love travelling o’er hills and dipping into ...
- Woman Of Troy Woman of Troy − You cause what’s called...
- Carnivale Behind the glitter, the laughter, the ...
- Life I feel despair descend upon me like the black cloak of ...
- Departure As love spirals down into darkness I am to be lost...
All rights reserved.
No part of this work may be used or reproduced in any
manner without express permission from the author.
Our frailties are invincible, our virtues barren;
The battle goes sore against us to the going down of the sun.
Robert Louis Stevenson
(PULVIS ET UMBRA fr. Across the Plains) ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jean Renwick
Time For Peace
The love of time and the grief of time,
the harmony of life and life in change.
Dead eyes have loved and changed.
In the grief of time I hide:
Love lives on the grief of time.
Dreams – fabrications of songs,
I become invisible in tears.
Love is found like islands lost.
Yet we know what deserts wait for those who seek.
And tho’ we seem to move in time,
there are no islands when we love.
I’ve grown to learn what sorrows, in the end,
no words nor tears can mend.
At your side among the graves
I think no more of death.
And when I am ...