Jem Solley Poems
- Street Children You can hear their cries at night, You hear...
- Because I Saw You Today. I am fine, I was walking down this...
- House, Not Home My house is not my palace, This town is but...
- As Nice As A Beautiful Red Ros... I doubt you're as nice as ...
- I Dare I am the she, who does dare to enter, The she who ...
- The Last Kiss The train pumps smoke, The ashes of earths ...
- 6 Years Old And Wondering Oh my- I hold myself growing, ...
Just trying to make my way as we are all... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jem Solley
You can hear their cries at night,
You hear them, and put them out of minds sight,
Don't want to face it,
No you can't embrace it,
That when you go past that road where you last saw her,
She will no longer be there that street girl, that pauper,
But what can we do?
It's not my business so "shoo! "
Why should we care?
Their only street children that are worse for wear,
But deep down it should hurt you,
Can't you feel that feeling just that little bit blue?
For the lonely child who curl up cold at night,
Who lives and terror, fear and ...