John F. McCullagh
Biography of John F. McCullagh
My influences are Browning, Service, Donne, Thomas Grey, E.A. Poe and Shakespeare.
- The Sword and the Plowshare -new-
- Fair Exchange? -new-
- The Counterfeit inspector -new-
- Whiskey Business -new-
- Jacques the Last -new-
- The Timepiece- Todd Beamer's watch -new-
- Perchance -new-
- The Stone Carver
- Beggar thy Neighbor
- The Revenge of the 64 Ounce Soda
- Must all Men Die
- Staying the Course
- The gift
- A Streetcar named De$ire
- Sacred Flame (A tale of the Neanderthal...
- (It Was) A Very Good Year.
- A Cup of Tea
- A snowflake’s Revenge
- A year ago today, the 9/11 poem
- A Rose without a thorn
- A pale Horse, George A. Custer and the S...
- A Prayer for Thanksgiving,2010
- Eye of the Tiger
- A Light before Dying (Dark humor)
- A Man for All Seasons
- A Life in the Theater
- A knife in the Heart
- A tenuous Tenor
The Poppy Seller
The poppy seller stands near the Rotunda.
He vends his paper flowers as before.
He wears a small red poppy in Remembrance
of heroes fallen in our nation’s wars.
The people pass as if he’s’ non existent,
more interested to buy well watered beer.
The Veteran feels the sting of their indifference-