Joyce Rugg Poems
- Freefall Voices whisper, promising sweet sleep I look, but ...
- Trial By Fire Spare me your lies And your transparent ...
- Immortal Idols You're chasing immortality, But it's not in ...
- Awake My eyes are open, but everything's blurred I hear the ...
- Self-Bound Slave They claim their halos But deny the horns ...
- Empires Fall Human weaklings now walk Where dinosaurs once ...
- Infected Paradise Temperatures rise as morals fall We've ...
I'm a 16-year old straightedge vegetarian-going-vegan who loves symphonic/black/death metal. (I love the agonist, & I'm a shadow soldier for life!)
I've been writing poetry since I was 13 & stories since i was 10. My dream job would be as lead vocalist of a melodic death metal band. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Joyce Rugg
Voices whisper, promising sweet sleep
I look, but see nothing in the deep
Nothing different from where I am now
The only change, it doesn’t bow
To the joy that pulls me to the sky
That leaves me giddy, too breathless to ask why
Like someone has a gun to my head
A false cheery voice, “be happy or you’re dead”
No choice, though I’d much rather die
They see the surface, believe the lie
When the skeleton shows, they call it an act
Blind to the broken bones, to the impact
Like a star falling to the sea
The end of all I’ll ever be
The light that ...