Joyce Rugg Poems
- Freefall Voices whisper, promising sweet sleep I look, but ...
- Malice In Wonderland I’ve reached the point of no return, ...
- Awake My eyes are open, but everything's blurred I hear the ...
- Masks Who I am day to day is never the same Some days an icy...
- Ruins Even on a sunny day I am trapped in a storm Shrieking ...
- Twisted Trapped, in endless dark Searching, hoping for a ...
- Whispers Pain, a constantly consuming companion It drives me...
I'm a 16-year old straightedge vegetarian-going-vegan who loves symphonic/black/death metal. (I love the agonist, & I'm a shadow soldier for life!)
I've been writing poetry since I was 13 & stories since i was 10. My dream job would be as lead vocalist of a melodic death metal band. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Joyce Rugg
Voices whisper, promising sweet sleep
I look, but see nothing in the deep
Nothing different from where I am now
The only change, it doesn’t bow
To the joy that pulls me to the sky
That leaves me giddy, too breathless to ask why
Like someone has a gun to my head
A false cheery voice, “be happy or you’re dead”
No choice, though I’d much rather die
They see the surface, believe the lie
When the skeleton shows, they call it an act
Blind to the broken bones, to the impact
Like a star falling to the sea
The end of all I’ll ever be
The light that ...