Kay Bressner Poems
- Mashed Potatoes (A Vegetarian ... Lovely cumulus clouds ...
- The Garden There's no excuse for how, lately, I've ...
- Hope Hope is a raindrop, a theorem, creative thought
- Sex And The Species The monk parakeets do so much ...
- Saturday's Walk I think I saw a cormorant, yet did he greet...
- Spring Sunset
- Tropical Dawn
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Kay Bressner
Mashed Potatoes (A Vegetarian Sonnet)
Lovely cumulus clouds they bring to mind,
a soft scoop looks just like the glowing moon,
or drift of winter snow that's bright and fine;
what magical, wonderful comfort food!
I never met a spud I didn't love,
it seems that I have been this way since birth,
baked, curly fried, garlicky, crinkle cut;
can't think of any vege with more worth
Still I ponder who was the first masher...
could tuber have been rude, offending him?
was she p.o.'d at potato? ask her;
the likelihood we'll ever know is slim
But I tell you my fat cells feel ...