Ko Un Poems
- The Snow Path Now I am gazing at the snow path that covers ...
- Stories There are stories. There are people telling ...
- If May Passes By Forgotten What will we do if May passes by ...
- The News Of Flowers Spring. Everything's liberated. The news...
- Keumgang-Gul / Diamond Cave What a relief you cannot live ...
- Arrows Transformed into arrows let's all soar together, body...
- Your Pilgrimage A slower pace, a somewhat slower pace will ...
Ko Un (born on 1 August or 11 April 1933) is a South Korean poet whose works have been translated and published in more than 15 countries. He had been imprisoned many times due to his role in the campaign for Korean democracy. Ko is routinely mentioned in Korea as one of the front runners for the Nobel Prize in Literature, and Korean reporters have camped outside his house ahead of the annual ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Snow Path
Now I am gazing
at the snow path that covers up what has passed.
After wandering through the whole winter,
I am gazing at this foreign territory.
The scene of snow
falls in my heart for the first time.
The world is at the edge of meditation,
a world covered with exuberant peace
no country that I have traveled has ever seen.
I am gazing at the invisible movements of all things.
What is the sky where the snow is falling?
Listening closely, through the falling snow,
I hear the grand earth's confession.
I can hear for the first time.
My heart is the snow ...