Laiakini Waqanisau Poems
- Floating On The Dead Sea Oh what sight to see the Dead ...
- Children On The Road Dust storms in the air, unknown roads ...
- Waking Up Late Rising in the morning looking at the time Too...
- A Journey Into Mortality - Mh3... We live life once In ...
- Sunflower Oh Sunflower so bright and yellow Today you look ...
- Our Eyes Look To The Lord Our ... My God I lift my eyes to ...
- Night Time Listening to the noises become quieter Distant ...
Laiakini Waqanisau, (aka Lai) has always loved poetry and started writing at the age of 13 whilst in Middle School in Manhattan, New York. In High School back in Fiji, Lai only managed to publish one poem. Lai inspiration comes from reading the Book of Psalms for its poetic inspirations, Books of the New Testament for its thought on humanity, both in the Bible.
As a student of history... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Laiakini Waqanisau
Floating On The Dead Sea
Oh what sight to see the Dead Sea
So clear and glimmering in the Sun
You will float on this dense space of water
On your tummy or your back
You will float on a sea of minerals
Packed with salts and black mud
Which you can paint on your body
To purify your mind in space and time
When you are done with dipping in the sea
A shower with fresh water will soothe you
Trickling the salts from your fragile body
To give you face a new smile
Floating on the Dead Sea
You should do once in a lifetime