Lex Newman Poems
- Atomic Insanity Bomb America, we're drained of enthusiasm for...
- , Untitled
- To Allen Ginsberg I have been listening to you, Allen ...
- Christmas Gift They ask me what I want For Christmas What I...
- Cowboy, Come Home His hat still hangs on a nail beside the ...
- Things Fall Apart Things fall apart Parents make ...
- 2000, Or Bad Poem They told me with hushed frightened ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Lex Newman
Atomic Insanity Bomb
America, we're drained of enthusiasm for you
America, why this meaningless war?
America, you are no longer beautiful
America, when will you see the light?
When will you call peace and dance and sing
When will you look in the mirror
and see the menace you have become?
When will you read the philosophies of God
that say Thou Shalt Not Kill?
America, when will you open your eyes?
America, why do you dye the shores red?
Why are the guns loaded with skulls?
Why do you leave your brothers behind
To charge bull-like at a cloth too large for you? ...