M.L. Bennett Poems
- The Dried Rose Our love is like the dried rose No life left ...
- Fish I'm a fish beneath the sea Swimming in these troubled ...
- Lullaby For Little Bird Little Bird, my Little Bird Soar ...
- The Heart Envied could be the seasons Ever changing without ...
- Bliss Make me a promise Swear me a vow Tell me it'll all be...
Hello fellow artists!
Some of my postings are poems while others are lyrics to songs I've written. All constructive crticism is most welcome and wanted. Anything negative is welcome too. Please don't be nasty without being helpful. My goal is to learn and improve. And then learn some more. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about M.L. Bennett
The Dried Rose
Our love is like the dried rose
No life left inside
All color is faded
But looks the same as when it died
Its stem still strong but hollow
Still holds its fragile face
That once was filled with beauty
But now is lost in time and space
Why did our love die out like the dried rose?
Why did we let it go with time's slow passing?
Petals fall one by one, with time's turning
When love dies, it then becomes like the dried rose