Marota Aphane Poems
- All Day All day I wait my head Heavily Balanced
- Hope The dusk was dawning Her tender feed were weary Of ...
- You Blinded (Inspired by Quincy’s world) Come! Come ...
- To Be Bird So you thought It will be easy To have wings &...
- Nja Tša Satane1 They chased The law-abiding lamb In the ...
- Afrika I Beat the drums fast Come all ...
- The Sun Rises To Rest Just when we wake up Hear the songs of...
Research Officer at in Health Behaviour Research Unit (HBRU) at the University of Limpopo (Turfloop Campus) who published some of poem in both South African and international literary journals such as TurfWrite, Magic with words, Recreating through Poetry (which he co-edited) , VoicesNet Anthology of International Poetry and others. The poems in this site are from his unpublished collection 'The ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Marota Aphane
The Sun Rises To Rest
Just when we wake up
Hear the songs of early birds
The whistling of the morning breeze
Just when we see that colourful east horizon
It’s the rising sun
A new day is born
The new moment of hope
Just when we wait
To experience pleasure
With lament in oblivion
Then change is at hand
The beginning bears the end
All that we waited for we got
And this the sundown
The sun rises to rest