Mekael Shane Poems
- Father To Son Perhaps One day My son will ask 'Dad, why ...
- Peacefully Tribal beats are sounding Inside my head; echoing...
- Gods Of War Souls sold for Antiquated crude As bitter ...
- Lovely Is She Lovely is she Who came And rescued me
- As We Sail By We float Through purple-velvet skies Out ...
- Nigger Choose German shepherd dogs And the water ...
- Djellabah Dawn and I dawn my caftan With my pen in hand I ...
Mekael Shane is an American poet, who was born and raised in Indianapolis, Indiana on October 17,1970. After having spent a little time residing in Dallas, Texas, Mekael's mother decided to move the family back to Indianapolis before Mekael became a teenager. Mekael has been writing poetry since 1996, and has authored six books of poetry. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Father To Son
My son will ask
'Dad, why do you climb? '
So you can fly
* Reprinted from 'Simian Soul Poems by Mekael'
© July 21,2010 by Mekael