Mohammed Bennis Poems
- Love Is Eternity's River Nothing but streams, Continuous
- Seven Birds A white Bird A breath condenses
- Blindness This ink transports me to the heights of my ...
- She Tent erected and the night around Her
- I Am Not I I'm the Andalusian living between the pleasures of...
- Love Is Supreme Ruler In love, you yield and you're ...
- Frivolity Don't ask him anything about the pathways
Mohammed Bennis is a Moroccan poet and one of the most important poets of the Modern Arabic Poetry. He was born in Fez, Morocco, in 1948. He contributes energetically to the modern Arabic poetry and he enjoys since the 1970s, a particular status in the Arab culture. Muhsin J. al-Musawi writes about him: “The Moroccan poet Muhammad Bennis’ articulations tend to validate his poetics in the first place, to encapsulate the overlapping and contestation of genres in a dialectic that takes into account power politics whose tropes are special. As a discursive threshold between Arab East and the Moroccan West, tradition and modernity, and also a site of contestation and configuration, Muhammad Bennis... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Mohammed Bennis
Love Is Eternity's River
Nothing but streams,
In their nudity-
This is love.
I'm the one who say's:
An analogue finds tranquility in his analogue,
An analogue is connected with his analogue.
I'm the one who says:
The elements of the souls are homo geneous, and in equals
There is congruence. I'm the one who says:
And I've seen.
Take what I've learnt about myself and women-
Love is a mixer of similar souls.
The secret of the necklace is in you,
The secret of dissipation is in you,
O soul that is in possession of
The light worlds