okoye charles Poems
- A Walk Through The Cemetry Whose homes are these, they never ...
- My Emotions Betray Me Each time at night When I lay down and...
- Surreal On a Night dark and lonely Possessed by fierce ...
- A Picture The moon rises in a darkened scene In circle of ...
- Love Is Not Like The Mother's ... Love is not like the ...
- The Day Is Too Short But So Is...
- Our Street Is Broken Our street is broken, Iron gates now ...
born in the town of onitsha in south eastern nigeria. attended learning field international school for his primary education from 1995 to 2000. later attended dennis memorial grammar school from 2000 to 2006 for his secondary school education. from 2006 to 2011 he attended federal university of technology owerri where he studied geology. there he discovered poetry and has been trying to learn and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Walk Through The Cemetry
Whose homes are these, they never say
Both big and small, here they all lay
Among the gnawing rodent and the hungry tick
Ticking while the lonesome time dawdles away
I stood in admiration for this silent race
Sleeping in peace, while flowers sprout in grace
Undisturbed by hate, or jealousy, or greed
For each man knows his final resting place
Amid the pleasant solitude, I a hibiscus pick
Its red petals are gentle, lovely and thick
Outside, the deflowered world awaits
Its' so withered, so appalling, so sick.
A walk through the cemetry,...