Patrick Derilus Poems
- Words To Keep (Dedication To M...
- Mind Playing Tricks On Me It feels as if it is more powerful ...
- Laura St. Cyr (Tribute To My G...
- Animosity My thoughts rage with an irritability.... Whether ...
- The Consistent Tiger Through deep jungles and humid ...
- Blood Is Thicker Than Water
- The Man Upstairs Everyone keeps their faith in you Everyone ...
just a kid looking to make it out in life. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Patrick Derilus
Words To Keep (Dedication To Maya Angelou)
'You may shoot me with your words
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.'
Words like those are what I needed to stab into my chest
Words like those put me in a trance
I wouldn't have guessed such a human being could be so strong
But nevertheless, I shall not only speak on what I should do
I must act upon it
Thank you maya...
I shall carry these words into my veins for as long as I continue to live.