Paul Butters Poems
- A Better Way There has to be a better way. Than endless ...
- Hello Reader! My dearest reader, seconds ago, before ...
- Poet Tree I have a picture of a tree (In my minds eye) ...
- Frenetic Genetics Genetic engineering’s here to ...
- Ode To Summer -new- Season of sun and sand and sea, Holiday time ...
- You! Your shining eyes excite: Those pupils, fathomless ...
- Droplet Our galaxy dies, A splash of water, Sparkling in ...
I am, therefore I write. I was raised in Upper Wortley, then Bramley, West Leeds. Studied English Teaching at the (then) Huddersfield Polytechnic 1970-74. Worked 6 years at Doncaster as a secondary school English Teacher.
In 1982 I moved to Humberside where I worked for 24 years as a Careers Adviser before taking retirement. That was not a very poetic job so in my spare time I have ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Better Way
There has to be a better way.
Than endless warring,
And committing countless crimes:
Robbing Peter to pay Paul.
The home of God,
In all its splendour.
I say again:
Heaven is in us,
(W) and © 20\4\08.