Peter S. Quinn
Biography of Peter S. Quinn
Hi, my name is Peter S. Quinn, and I'm a composer, poet and lyricist. I write mostly lyrical poetry and texts because of my well educated background as a composer, et cetera...
Lyric poetry, from Wikipedia:
'Lyric poetry is a form of poetry that does not attempt to tell a story, as do epic poetry and dramatic poetry, but is of a more personal nature instead. Rather than portraying characters and actions, the lyric poet addresses the reader directly, portraying his or her own feelings, states of mind, and perceptions. Most lyric poetry is made in a singable and rhymable way, although some lyric poems can be excepted. Lyrical poetry is often used in songs.' - end of quote
Some thoughts for considerations:
1. Only ¼ of Peter S. Quinn poems and lyrics will be shown at Poemhunter.com. This will be, At least to begin with, only a showcase of about or over 3000 poems and lyrics mostly in English by the great Peter S. Quinn. Peter is also a very prolific composer (i.e. Google: sheetmusic publishing) , he’s also active as a photograper, painter, etc...
2. The first part, or the part you are seeing here of “Short poems of Peter S. Quinn - This is my Wasteland”, was written between the years 2004-2007. It will be continued shortly on his blog site.
3. Picture Poems 1-256 were written in the year 2000, and abstract paintings made with each of them. These paintings along with the poems are available elsewhere on the internet.
4. Everything written by Peter S. Quinn is © Copyright by Law, and may thus not be used anywhere, without a written permission.
5. Peter S. Quinn is a member of STEF Samband tónskálda og eigenda flutningsréttar, - to protect his Copyright. Sister societies of STEF are many all around the globe and they include: ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, etc.
© Copyright Peter S. Quinn 2007. All rights reserved.
“Peter is one the most kindest and unselfish person I’ve ever had the privilege to meet, and what a lyrical line this man has...” from, New York Times
“Peter S. Quinn - An artistic talent beyond words! Prolific is an understatement given the vast amount of wonderful music and poetry (not to mention other artistic inclinations as well) that he has graced us with. A kind and gently soul who is truly a blessing to humanity.” Robert James Thoms, Newfoundland, Canada – Please see Guestbook at: http: //jupiter.guestworld.com/wgb/wgbview.dbm? owner=midi2000book – for more…
“Thank you... It is an honor! - It is an honor and perhaps a bit late that I'm getting around to thanking Peter publically for this little musical tribute. I've never had anyone write anything for me before and this came as quite a surprise. I have enjoyed playing this little ditty over the last couple of years; and recently someone heard the piece and asked 'what is it? ' They now have a copy. Thank you again, Peter. Keep up the good work.” David Benning on Bennings-Song (2004) by Peter S. Quinn - See here: http: //www.g7music.net/cgi-bin/show_score.pl? scoreid=58593
Peter S. Quinn is proud to be of 4 nations: America, Iceland, Ireland and Germany. His father was an American Irish and his mother of German ancestors (her father being half a German: Süd Bach [south Bach] that changed over the centuries to Söebech – he [Peter] does not speak German though) . Peter lived in Florida, but moved to Iceland only 3 years of age; he has double citizenship therefore, that of U.S. and Iceland. Always keep him in your heart, because he too sings America! And that’s why his showcase of these poems is here… There will be 3000 poems/lyrics in Peter’s showcase at Poemhunter.com, and after that he’ll continue with his music at sheetmusic publishing, - see further at SibeliusMusic.com
Peter S. Quinn's Works:
CD's and poetry books, numerous, all out of print...
- I'm Sittin' By A Whishing Tree -new-
- Let Your Heart Flow -new-
- Ages Of Heartache -new-
- My Heart Is Here -new-
- A Night In A Frosty Glow -new-
- Oh Love - My Darling
- Come And Be A Star
- Dark Of Love Is Deep
- I'm Always So Alone
- I Am Just Waiting For You
- All Time Goes Away
- The Winter Is Now Here
- The Night Is Full Of Light
Peter S. Quinn Poems
Sad In Blue (A Lyric)
Sad sad sad in blue For sad sad sad you The moon is all bluish tonight The night is all dark out side
#1 (From,100 Love Songs)
Love so sweet of summer gone to yesterday, The passion of air in the deep fragrance; Sorrow and rage not there to give or say, Only the true heart that forever abundance!
#1 Riming Haiku (From, Poet On Www)
Rain clouds over me, Autumn sky frighteningly - So rough-and-ready!
#1 (From, Picture Poems 1)
a singing man was sacrificed by ravens
#9 (From, ‘what's Really Happening – In ...
Lust and love is everywhere, It keeps on burning, in my skin. I see your face here and there, But forgetfulness soon shall win.
#10 (From, ‘what's Really Happening - In...
A love and hate relationship, Will never do for me; I must have more in my power chip, To be or not to be.
#10 (From, Picture Poems 11)
Barefoot reality confusing pages of time back again
#1 (From, Picture Poems 10)
The night retreats from the welcoming day of green grass
#9 (From, Picture Poems 5)
Weaving white gold light the shadows hold morrow's days
#1 (From, Picture Poems 11)
Muted wind shaping things and saying goodbye
#9 (From, Picture Poems 2)
blue rivers of life with woods and snow
Still You Rise (It’s Your Song, Maya Ang...
I'll walk along your way In history down town And in your thoughts stay Always within reach of your gown
#33 (From, ‘what's Really Happening - In...
I'm summertime to your heart, Don't take our love all apart; Drifting clouds and we depart, Grow your seeds with care.
#7 (From, Picture Poems 8)
Pulse across deep feelings shadow sweeps the spot hanging thunderbolts
A Rose On A Piano
Love is a burning fire
Inside and all out
Life forces of desire
In the feelings about
Day and night rising
Touching hours apart
Always a fresh surprising
From a ticking heart