Jax Ann Newton
the day i died on the inside, the place most important and true.
was the day that i left you waiting, with false hope revived.
life is pain, that is what they all say, but who are they to say?
love is life, that is what we all know, but how can we know if we have not lived?
pain is awakening, that much is clear.
it brings about the things unseen, unheard, unrecognized.
why did i do that?
how could i?
i am so unworthy of any praise.
you say that i am brilliant, beautiful, bold.
i say that i am nothing.
i am selfish, worthless, cold.
i thought nothing about how you may feel,
should i go and break your heart.
only that it would be best for ME.
i am pathetic and have known it from the start.
i can only hope that through all of this,
you have learned a lesson i would rather not teach.
a lesson that all must learn.
trust no one but yourself.
love all except yourself.
and smile always, because it is nobody else's fault.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (_____________________ by Jax Ann Newton )
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Star chat........., SALINI NAIR
- Chicane, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Just A Few Simple Words, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)