*006 SAD LIMERICS
SEILTANZER (Tightrope Walker)
I had a friend - called Alan Stalker
Who was a fearless tightrope walker
One Friday night - he met his plight
He walked a rope - when he was TIGHT
Fell like a stone it served him right!
PILZWAHLUNG (Mushroom Picker)
My Polish friend - called Maric Dicker
He was an expert mushroom picker
He's now no more my poor friend Maric
He picked and ate a FLY AGARIC
Now he RIP's with his Brother Tariq
You've met my cousin - Mournful Baker
A most accomplished undertaker.
Now dead and gone - he didn't look
The UNDERTAKER - OVERTOOK
And drowned submerged in Beecher's Brook
I provided the titles in German because they often
manage to run two words (in English) into one in German.
John Knight - Avoiding the Undertaker - 8 March 2011.
John Knight's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*006 SAD LIMERICS by John Knight )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- PH: Echo: And A New Day Is Coming, Brian Johnston
- गरसे लिमारिक, Ronjoy Brahma
- The debt to the world., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Humble, H.M. Gautsch
- Days Are Gone, H.M. Gautsch
- Rise Above, H.M. Gautsch
- The final salutes, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Why are we here?, Sarah Ferguson
- Chocolate, Akhtar Jawad
- Lost child in my own home, Hudhaifah Siyad