07 Battle for the eternal destiny of Humankind
VII - Satan and Death are defeated
Satan roared and clawed at His body in despair
but found no sin and could not hold Him there.
For no wrong was to be found in this perfect man
nothing that could hold Him in deaths domain.
No enemies were left to stand or fight and claw.
Satan's mighty army defeated had to withdraw.
For The Great Captain of Salvation had overcome
and Victor o'er death and the grave had become.
Death was vanquished and sins powers ceased.
Now Satan was defeated and his captives released.
Your victory over sin destroyed all of its powers
and won the fight with death, that final foe of ours.
Royston Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (07 Battle for the eternal destiny of Humankind by Royston Allen )
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
- From my hearts core, Aftab Alam
- Racism, John Masaitis
- Flooding In Kaschmir, Leslie Philibert
- Wild mentality, hasmukh amathalal
- Like A River, Edward Kofi Louis
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
- May We All Find What We're Looking For S.., Daniel Karbon
- Your love has made me wild and mad, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- Tree of life, Veronica Centeno
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)