08 Battle for the eternal destiny of Humankind
VIII - Humankind is saved
Then out from the tomb in triumph He arose
with victory and supremacy over all His foes.
That moment the destiny of this world changed
as the life of Jesus for ours was exchanged
'Why do you look for Jesus amongst the dead'
these were the words the angels to Mary said.
Later in the garden she heard Him call her name
and turning around 'Rabboni' was her refrain.
The voice she thought she'd never hear again
came speaking from the grave so clear and plain.
And there before her in resurrection victory
stood her Lord, untouchable but alive was He.
The gates of death He had burst open wide
setting free all of the prisoners locked inside.
Now grave you no longer have any hold on me.
Your sting is removed for Jesus holds the key.
Royston Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (08 Battle for the eternal destiny of Humankind by Royston Allen )
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come close, hasmukh amathalal
- Cows caught, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)