08 Battle for the eternal destiny of Humankind
VIII - Humankind is saved
Then out from the tomb in triumph He arose
with victory and supremacy over all His foes.
That moment the destiny of this world changed
as the life of Jesus for ours was exchanged
'Why do you look for Jesus amongst the dead'
these were the words the angels to Mary said.
Later in the garden she heard Him call her name
and turning around 'Rabboni' was her refrain.
The voice she thought she'd never hear again
came speaking from the grave so clear and plain.
And there before her in resurrection victory
stood her Lord, untouchable but alive was He.
The gates of death He had burst open wide
setting free all of the prisoners locked inside.
Now grave you no longer have any hold on me.
Your sting is removed for Jesus holds the key.
Royston Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (08 Battle for the eternal destiny of Humankind by Royston Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A New Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bluened Tones, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Thirst, Aufie Zophy
- Enchanting Essence And Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Much more, Aufie Zophy
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock
- Crying Sun, Bill Cantrell
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MAN LIVES ONE TIME ON OUR EARTH الانسان .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touching Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak