It's 1.06 am here
My feet are cold, I wonder
Whether the lake on Central Park is as frozen.
I love Central Park (and for a moment, my mind dwells)
Summer in New York cannot be beaten.
Its better than winter, summer, it has warmth
Winter is detached and icy
And oh so lonely.
And now it's 1.08am and I am alone
In the busiest city in the world.
Cold and alone, without my summer of love.
Maddi Eden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1.06am by Maddi Eden )
- Behind my curtain, Barbara Dixion
- Facebook / Anonymous, Kewayne Wadley
- Senryu Searching, Heather Burns
- Lost, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- Senryu Poetry, Heather Burns
- Face Down Novel, Lonnie Hicks
- Senryu Poet, Heather Burns
- fasten your seat belt, bartender, Mandolyn ...
- For you, dee villa
- Simply Spoken My Ship, Heather Burns
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)