(1) Exhilarating Aroma
Will you forever totter
down somber streets
like a punch-drunk sailor
who has just been rolled?
Will you always be a pale ghost
insignificant and unknown?
gaze into the star-bespangled sky
with hopeful eyes
and discover a place within
where you've never been defeated
nor your inner child crucified
or in judgmental courts condemned
with every flaw magnified.
Bury your own corpse
of withered dreams
and wayward schemes
if it is making it impossible
for you to live.
Let everything die
that would conceal
the exhilarating aroma
of your flowering new birth.
Uriah Hamilton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((1) Exhilarating Aroma by Uriah Hamilton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Smell the RosesT, Bill Cantrell
- I Invited You To Visit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A New Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bluened Tones, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Thirst, Aufie Zophy
- Enchanting Essence And Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Much more, Aufie Zophy
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock
- Crying Sun, Bill Cantrell
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak