It was a delicate summer
where one dreams of love
and wakes alone.
I had recently
and only wanted
to see sunlight
on a girl's hair.
of the heart,
I suspected true love
was as elusive
as clutching summer mist.
I promised myself
in the future,
I wouldn't be bitter
I would hope again.
A cafe by a lake
across a table
during a perfect lunch.
Meet me there,
like we were children
from a previous incarnation.
Uriah Hamilton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((1) Previous by Uriah Hamilton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney
- Is poem everything?, gajanan mishra
- Universal Creed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chalo na phir shuruyaat krte hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Kaise mai ye likh deta hoon! !, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Final Frontier, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak