(1) Succumb to Fate
I accept the moonless sky
when the heart is depressed and prepared for death
after a devastating evening playing the fool
in a futile attempt to see her smile.
I will gladly allow the cold earth
to pull me beneath an unmarked grave
with hands merciless and unforgiving
if this love is impossible and unredeeming.
In the absence of destiny,
we succumb to fate;
Every door has been secured
and I’m frozen at the gate.
Uriah Hamilton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((1) Succumb to Fate by Uriah Hamilton )
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler
- In your eyes, kyvin nash
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak