11 The shooting star
I was looking the stars one night,
On a clear new moon night,
When suddenly I saw a shooting star
Coming nearer me
Just like in a dream
It landed just beside me
Oh! It was burning
But cold; and then
Without a warning
A small hand from inside
Pushed me in suddenly!
I saw a small man
The size of a dog
With very small hands
And really long legs,
Looking at me with snake-like eyes
He turned around and oh!
He had the back of a fish with
Small wings the size of a mouse
He pressed a small button
In front of me lay wonderful feast!
I started to eat greedily,
But stopped as something changed in me
I soon became just like the man who pushed me in!
Suddenly something queer started happening
Every thing shook violently
And water was poured all over me
I closed and opened my eyes
To face my very cross mother! ! !
Athul KrishnaA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (11 The shooting star by Athul KrishnaA )
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)