(..................14sept2) Portrait: Two Men
The two men
walk together like overgrown boys,
a jaunty humor jingling between them.
One of them dwarfs the other.
The smaller, compact man
carries a rolled up blueprint
under his arm.
The other is big and athletic.
Are they brothers?
The are like octaves of the same song,
point counterpoint, music
walking nonchalantly along.
Max Reif's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((..................14sept2) Portrait: Two Men by Max Reif )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns