And a couple of days
You were born to such parents,
Worst part, you had no say
You have the same name as a town in the A.C.T
The last couple of years haven't been cool,
But there is still mum, dad, your sister and me,
And Christie in the area with the pool
Then later hockey,
You play for Souths now but you did play for Regals,
And you know someone on T.V, yeaaah Lachy....
Now it is 18 years later in time
With fireworks every year
For this line I can't think of a rhyme...
By the way, you can now drink beer!
When you leave home for future endeavours,
You won't be allowed home,
Because someone has stolen your room....
Go out and party and go have fun,
But try not to be the one passed out on the floor,
It's been 18 times since the first one,
Since the 31st of December 1994.
Harrison Bishop's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (18 by Harrison Bishop )
- There Will Always Be Another Poem, Shalom Freedman
- This Is My Bungalow, This Is My Car, Thi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- English ‘hope', douglas scotney
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )