And a couple of days
You were born to such parents,
Worst part, you had no say
You have the same name as a town in the A.C.T
The last couple of years haven't been cool,
But there is still mum, dad, your sister and me,
And Christie in the area with the pool
Then later hockey,
You play for Souths now but you did play for Regals,
And you know someone on T.V, yeaaah Lachy....
Now it is 18 years later in time
With fireworks every year
For this line I can't think of a rhyme...
By the way, you can now drink beer!
When you leave home for future endeavours,
You won't be allowed home,
Because someone has stolen your room....
Go out and party and go have fun,
But try not to be the one passed out on the floor,
It's been 18 times since the first one,
Since the 31st of December 1994.
Harrison Bishop's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (18 by Harrison Bishop )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.