I thank god with all my heart today,
For sending u to me one day.
You breezed in my life as a bout of fresh air
With your smile and charm so rare.
You didn’t promise me the moon,
Neither did u promise me a life on stars,
But you promised me a heart.
A heart full of love and compassion
And to love me with all your passion.
You showed me the way to love in life
And I gladly became your wife.
Now life is some thorns and not only roses,
We have fights in daily doses.
But no matter what happens,
We’ll always stick together,
It’s not my desire or a misconception,
We’re made for each other to perfection.
365 days with you have been wonderful,
And the rest of our life will be beautiful.
It’s neither an idea nor a prayer,
It’s a promise which will never break.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1st Anniversary! by Dipti Agarwal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Abhangs (A Short Collection), Sant Tukaram
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- কবিতাপল্লি, Hanzala Han
- Other Guys, Amber Carr
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- PRAY OUT YOUR PAST, Michael P. Johnson
- Christmas, Titiksa Dugar
- alphabet you two bucks you drive a truck, Mandolyn ...