I thank god with all my heart today,
For sending u to me one day.
You breezed in my life as a bout of fresh air
With your smile and charm so rare.
You didn’t promise me the moon,
Neither did u promise me a life on stars,
But you promised me a heart.
A heart full of love and compassion
And to love me with all your passion.
You showed me the way to love in life
And I gladly became your wife.
Now life is some thorns and not only roses,
We have fights in daily doses.
But no matter what happens,
We’ll always stick together,
It’s not my desire or a misconception,
We’re made for each other to perfection.
365 days with you have been wonderful,
And the rest of our life will be beautiful.
It’s neither an idea nor a prayer,
It’s a promise which will never break.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1st Anniversary! by Dipti Agarwal )
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
- Journey, Dave Cadaqu
- Brad Pitt / Brad Dourif, Jeff Gangwer
- History / Your Dust, Jeff Gangwer
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
- Your Ghost Doesn't Haunt This Room, Jeff Gangwer
- She Wore Poison on Her Neck, Jeff Gangwer
- Yes or No?, Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)