devon da poet
2014; A Year Of Changes
I've pursued spirituality with all of my abilities and overlooked every other thing I considered to be tangible.
Spirituality has gotten me thus far but I've lost track of the physical necessities associated with this life.
I've pursued humility and yet I’m still proud because of my reluctance to share the word or to consider others before myself.
Therefore, I’m not that spiritual after all. I have lots of talents that I've concealed. Talents that probably could’ve change or save lives.
The fire in my bones is burning but the heat is not conveyed because of my ineffectiveness to obey and do what your word says.
How do I move from this bold man into newness?
How do I make the transition? How can I stand on a stage and proclaim your word or lead a choir or a worship group?
It’s all in the mind I muse. Every fear and inefficiency starts within the mind.
Every doubt and unbelief begin by a single thought.
A thought that then leads to failure.
Too bad there’s no failure running through my veins but victory, for I’m a victor.
I’m a winner, and I’m out to win souls, win success, win finances, win health, and every other thing provided in your atonement.
How do I erase the me of yesterday; the past failures, the past mistakes, the past tense?
How do I become the man you've predestined?
2014 is a year of changes.2014 belongs to you Lord.
devon da poet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (2014; A Year Of Changes by devon da poet )
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Will Love You Forever, I Love My Wife Forever
- '' Death Can't Be Undone '', bri mar
- English Words, V. K. Gokak
Poem of the Day
- windmill hill, lee fones
- I Miss You 2, Michael P. McParland
- My Daughter at 14, Christmas Dance, 1981, Maria Mazziotti Gillan
- I Miss You, Michael P. McParland
- Life in peril, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Greeting, Clive Blake
- Duality!, SALINI NAIR
- Christmas Carol, Luo Zhihai
- ~Honesty~, E Nigma
- The Carwasher, Tony Adah