Munindra (Munnan) Misra (Allahabad, U.P., India)
3 B.01 Peace
Peace - overcoming evil with good be,
Peace - overcoming falsehood with truth be,
Peace - overcoming hate with love clearly,
Peace - in hearts and minds of people be.
For Peace - love and sacrifice for it readily,
For Peace - strive to build it unhesitatingly,
For Peace - shun war understandingly,
For Peace - strive and work for it earnestly.
The more man sweats for the humanity,
The less he bleeds in war of societies,
Peace through peaceful means achieved be,
In nuclear age Peace the way of survival be.
© Munindra Misra
Poet Other Poems
- 1.01 My Prayer
- 1.02 My Father
- 1.17 The Worldly Ways
- 2.03 Childhood - Youth - Old Age
- 2.05 Target
- 2.08 Creation - Destruction
- 2.09 The Nuclear Question
- 2.14 Man For Money Or Money For Man
- 3 A.01. War - What It Be
- 3 A.12 Can War A Prelude To Peace Be?
- 3 B.01 Peace
- 3 B.04 Give Peace A Chance
- 3 C.05 Movement
- 3 C.19 Thought, Speech and Action
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.