30. A Dream Within A Dream
At a lonely midnight few days ago,
One of my most favourite poems,
S T Coleridge's 'Kubla Khan',
I was reading with rapt attention
And keeping my eyes on my mobile screen
At regular interval to read your messages.
Whenever I read the poem, 'Kubla Khan',
'Alph, the sacred river', 'cedarn cover',
'Sunny pleasure-dome', 'romantic chasm',
'Abyssinian maid, and on her dulcimer',
'Singing of Mount Abora', 'sunless sea',
Fascinate my heart and mind so badly.
I was tasting the 'honey-dew'
And nectar or 'milk of Paradise'.
Then I could not remember
When and how I fell asleep.
I saw you and me together
Enjoying the beauty of river Alph.
We spent much time watching
The Cedar woods and nice flowers.
At noon when sunshine fell on
The pleasure-dome with caves of ice,
Both of us became spell-bound
By the beauty of the sunny dome.
Then in the afternoon by wandering
We reached very close to the chasm
Of which romantic sound made
A magical impact upon our hearts
Which mingled with the sound of
Fountain and chasm from the high land.
On the lonely land we rested under a tree.
With embracing and kissing you gently
I slept keeping my head on your lap.
Then I saw such a romantic dream
Which did I never see earlier.
I never felt- you love me so much.
Just before twilight we sat side by side
I was charmed with your beauty.
We were fascinated by the sound
Of the romantic chasm and fountain
And the music created out of dulcimer.
The song of Abora carried us to Heaven.
We were in Eden where the trees were
Full of purple fruits and Divine flowers.
You expressed your desires-
'Hold me tight, never let me go.
Take the wild nectar from my lips.
It's only you who know my wish.'
I went into your arms with your whispering.
Our hearts were drowning in the flood of Love.
Desires were burning and melting
In the passion of holy and sacred Love.
True Love was dancing in the blood of our veins
And we started to enjoy the bliss of Divine Love.
Dipankar Sadhukhan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (30. A Dream Within A Dream by Dipankar Sadhukhan )
- Silent Witness, James coupland
- A happy Farmer Family, Nishchal Ningleku
- Yes and no two words, gajanan mishra
- sister forever, yolandey breedt
- Diya (Reposted), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Life is better shared, belinda mrwebi
- What Is It?, Leloudia Migdali
- Wald, Paola Degli Esposti
- Sex Ed, Betsy Sholl
- Creamer Quest, Antonio Liao
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)