RIC S. BASTASA
the way we do things
may look easy. For instance painting
or doing a portrait may simply be a
stroke of the brush, a tapping of color here and
or to a woman baking a cake, it could simply
be a mixing of one ingredient to another
putting them in a molder, turning on the oven,
waiting, and then
you have a cake for everybody
or writing a novel or a poem or your biography,
it is just a scribbling of words, putting them on paper,
spontaneously not event thinking what next to write
and then putting a finish to the work
the children will be amazed and they will do the same
and when they grow up to be like us
they too will also amaze us without end
until we reach the point of dying
as easy as that
just closing your eyes and then not waking up anymore
but before that
you write a note, or perhaps on your last breath you
whisper to your confidante
' it was never easy, never'.
And the confidante
knows that too, but he will never tell.
with all these concealment, the song will go on
Life is beautiful. This world is a wonder.
Death is nothing but sleep.
Am i not right, after all?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (44337 by RIC S. BASTASA )
- African Funeral, onzia dan
- Scavenger, Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa
- Letter To My Rose (Part F), Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- you and that love thing..., Mandolyn ...
- Hint, hasmukh amathalal
- Our Green Hope, Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- - On the Longfellow bridge, Giorgio A. V.
- the dishwasher sounds like it's off its .., Mandolyn ...
- The Piano Player, Stacy L. Mar
- How To Some It Tastes, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns