620. Morning lullaby
Before the Sun rise
The touch of its rays
Sky's shower in various colors
Making birds flutter and tweeter
Owls and snakes retire hidden
Darkness fades and goes away
Light comes dancing all the way
The unveiled globe is an alarm
And I wake up from bed warm
Oh! Mother Maya
What a lullaby You sing!
No one knows its meaning.
Do I wake up blinking? !
I know You make me
Fast asleep keeping my eyes open!
Ego wakes up to carry me on,
Fasten by senses five hosted fine
In Your mysterious dance and song
It is, after all another deep sleep.
But what is the purpose behind?
Why do You put me asleep?
Failing to know, I maintain my pace
Wearing a smile on my face
As a sheep among sheep
While people of world sink
In Your spell bound magic!
Raman Savithiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (620. Morning lullaby by Raman Savithiri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death Of A Naturalist, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- Out Of My Head, Anuradha Singh
- Revealing life in Death, Angell Afinowi
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc
- Odia Poem- Brukshya Debata, Jitendra seth
- The Sorry Band-Aid, william upton
- Odia Poem- SATHI, Jitendra seth