7×70 that Forgiving Love
Can we remember those days when our Mom and Dad taught us what there is to know?
Well as we get older sometimes we forget and say 'no'.
Then there are times we wish that we did remember and say 'yes',
These are the times that can sneak up on us and that can be anyone's guess.
It is now time to talk about how we should forgive someone over the pain,
Over time if we look back see what they tried to teach us, and then we can see what they wanted us to gain,
Let's now think of some of the things that ever went wrong,
After reading this hopefully we all will see that we let them go by way to long.
Here it goes, how many of are willing to admit that they are too scared to forgive someone overtime,
Well, if you are then it is okay because there are times that we all feel this way, to be quiet like a mime.
Even, if there are times that we are to be the blame,
It is something most of the time that we can ask for forgiveness without shame.
Admitting of being wrong or forgiving someone that has caused you harm is not a crime,
Just think about it because it takes time.
Yes, time is what we all need to take before we do things,
Because if we do then it can see what Jesus said it can bring.
In the Bible it tells the story of how Peter asked Jesus, how many times I should forgive someone that has done me wrong?
Well how about Up to 7 times or is that too long?
Jesus said to him that is it should be 7 x 70 because it should be the Forgiving Love from his heart.
Yes, my words that I have written are not exactly out of the Bible, the heart of message is there,
Ask for forgiveness or please try to forgive and show your family and friends that you care.
Matthew 18: 21-35 7 x 70 Forgiveness
By Frank Pulver
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (7x70 Forgiveness by Frank Pulver )
- I listened, I listened, I listened, arshad arshad
- Preparation, Effie Waller Smith
- News York City, Ima Ryma
- Always Money, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- Marbles and Stones, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I will not say 'ave', Trong Phan
- Magical Love, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- Postcard, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I'll Never Leave, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- Drug war, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- You Will Forever Be In My Heart, Crystal Piatt
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Television, Roald Dahl
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)