Madison Julius Cawein
Why speak of Rajah rubies,
And roses of the South?
I know a sweeter crimson
A baby's mouth.
Why speak of Sultan sapphires
And violet seas and skies?
I know a lovelier azure
A baby's eyes.
Go seek the wide world over!
Search every land and mart!
You 'll never find a pearl like this
A baby's heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Baby by Madison Julius Cawein )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sad Tragic Moments, Ronell Warren Alman
- The curdling moon, Mark Heathcote
- Look up or down, hasmukh amathalal
- Igor, Von Kimball Barney
- Does He Think Of Me, Brianna Kimball
- Live the life king size, hasmukh amathalal
- Tropic Interlude, Liilia Talts Morrison
- The Bear and the Crow, Stephen Katona
- Still exist, hasmukh amathalal
- INCONSTANT LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov