Ramesh T A
A Balance Of Power Game!
Stock piling of weapons has triggered Arms race!
Arms race is going on since the end of World War II.
In the Cold war period it went on between USA & USSR;
Now the game of balance of power goes between nations!
To maintain relative security balance of power goes on!
Now fed up with wars and futility everywhere peace attracts
And talk of peace between warring nations go on as usual.
Without peace of mind no peace of world can be created!
Nuclear non proliferation treaty is all talk without respect;
For, no reduction of Nuclear weapons has started yet!
Here example is better than precept holds good for all;
Preaching by practice can show some progress it seems!
World peace depends on promotion of nonviolence in mind
To contain the warring nature first before making it a reality!
Ramesh T A's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Balance Of Power Game! by Ramesh T A )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(563 BCE - 483 BCE)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Familiar Letter, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Wedding Anniversary Wishes -Bhaiya Bhabh.., Priya Arora
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
Poem of the Day
- Birthday, Gunde Narsing Rao
- Devil, Emranor Reja
- Elegy for Tomorrow, Jahred Bertolfo
- In a way all are slaves., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- To vent anger, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fate, Free Will and God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 13, Michael P. McParland
- Many Good Reasons To Cry, Bill Galvin
- Committing To A Cause, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Webs Of Fantasy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak