...a battle of perception and the absolute truth
is the volatile eternal?
and the everlasting evanescent?
why the perception
sees the essence incidental?
and incident essential? *
why does the silence break music?
while being the purest form of it?
all that is, and all that was,
tries to find its expression,
in language.....and its inadequacy.
in sense.....and its incompleteness.
this eternal struggle,
is what is life.
is what makes the universe expand.
until at one stage,
the entropy consumes
this figment of the creator's imagination.
* this stanza, inspired by Sherlock Holmes, 'always try to separate the essential from the incidental.'
Sarvesh Kulkarni's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (...a battle of perception and the absolute truth by Sarvesh Kulkarni )
- HOLLYWOOD 1996, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- HILLARY CLINTON'S ADDRESS, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- HELLO PUPPIT LADY, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- TORMENT, Donald Charon
- Parents (Quatrain), Dorian Petersen Potter
- HEATH THE IMPERSONATOR, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Forgive or Forget, Deanna Gorton
- HATS OFF TO DR. CAMERON AND JOANN, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Day By Day With God Make My Way (Sonneti.., Dorian Petersen Potter
- HAROLD'S COFFEE LOUNGE, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Mighty Horny Power Rangers, Ramona Thompson
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns