A beggar’s bowl bonanza
This life has a victim and a killer
This life has a preacher and a sinner
This life has a poem a four line stanza
This life has a beggar’s bowl bonanza
That can either really cleanse you
Or poison your soul.
This life has a dark angel
And a desolate windmill…
Where you both grinded
Both day and night!
At opposite ends of the stratosphere
To join wings, in a moment of flight.
This life has a woman giving birth
Claiming this divinity of life is a living hell
Whilst the father beams ear to ear
Holding a stranger near
Who is now dearer than her?
…As if that could ever be.
This life is like a cheap bottle of wine
You want to make ambrosia.
Your very own Nirvana in rapture
But this life has you in a mild despair maligned
I swear, I swear, I swear, this life
It’ll have you going mad I do declare.
But this life has the bare bones
Of a mercurial magic; I swear
I do swear, I swear
When you find a young woman
And like a highwayman you have your way
With her jewels, when she offers her heart the very next day.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A beggar’s bowl bonanza by Mark Heathcote )
Did you read them?
- Against A Stone, Edward Kofi Louis
- Master of Plaster, Tom Higgins
- Tread, thread!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Father Dearest., Tom Higgins
- Are We There Yet?, Tom Higgins
- Poles, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fictional Love, Stacey Austin
- Too Late Again., Tom Higgins
- Cutting my losses., michael walker
- Moonlight Shadows, Tango Tango
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)