A Better Man Than Me
He forgave his daugther's murderer what's past is past he said
I grieve for my beloved daughter but one cannot bring back the dead
I do not hate her killer of hatred I feel free
He is such a marvellous person a better man than me.
Some people they can hold a grudge over a simple little thing
And for many years and decades to their grievance they do cling
But he with good reason for to hold a grudge can see fit to forgive
He is such a noble person and at peace with himself he live.
You call the man unusual or call him what you may
The good karma he saves for himself will serve him well one day
He may have reason to feel bitter but he doesn't see it that way
He will leave his daughter rest in peace and flowers bloom where she lay.
This man a true role model his soul is full of light
For to forgive what seems unforgivable to him only seems right
To the principle of the higher self he remains ever true
He can forgive the gravest wrong and men like him are so few.
He forgave his daughter's murderer a big thing for one to do
And the pathway that leads to enlightenment is the pathway he pursue
His cross of sorrow he bears bravely and he does not ask for sympathy
And I for one could not hope to emulate him he's a better man than me.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Better Man Than Me by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7.., rajendran muthiah
- Animal rights., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- O Fanantic, I Can Se It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Man, Where Will You Go With Your Funda.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gently Stirs The Breeze, Rondeau, Captain Cur
- She, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- This Is India, Here A Village Fool Can A.., Bijay Kant Dubey