A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
A BINGO HALL … FEB 21TH,2014
The Ottawa elites have developed an attitude,
They are the establishment and they don’t need your gratitude,
And death-with-dignity is a provincial matter; so there!
And these many government scandals are not their affair.
Its hard to tell who did what and where and when and how much,
Ottawa aristocrat appointees are a complicated bunch,
A scandal a day had fingers pointed here and over there,
Remarks made about funds paid and no one seems to know where.
And those Senate scandals seem to have been an ongoing affair,
By appointees who were there till they were 75 and didn’t care,
We should have closed the place down and turn it into a bingo hall,
A suggestion which the many appointees would try to stall.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014 by James Bredin )
- Raymond J Wright
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(3 February 1874 – 27 July 1946)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(21 May 1688 – 30 May 1744)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- There is another sky, Emily Dickinson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Chivalrous Me, Jara Son of Ahaz
- Love, love and love, hasmukh amathalal
- Money, Hanh Chau
- 'Daydream's Lunacy', Katherine York
- Poet, Hanh Chau
- Goodnight Kiss 2, Michael P. McParland
- The New Me, Joshua Hillard
- My Dreams, Joshua Hillard
- the passage of thyme, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- The death of all things, Nero CaroZiv