'A Black Beamer's Ride'
"A Black Beamer's Ride"
Her boldness and unique style
was the first thing that caught my eye,
I wasn't sure I could afford her
but I wanted anxiously, to test her drive,
the first quarter-mile
she drove rugged and rough
as if she'd been sitting way too long
or hadn't been driven as such,
as I increased the speed a bit
her engine started to ‘purr'
as if she was saying ‘drive me harder', Snyder
I'm built to handle the deep curves,
speeds got up so fast at times
it got really tough to breathe,
if I didn't have my hands on the wheel,
I could swear she was test driving me,
but as the ride came to a close
I couldn't help but turn and grin,
because there was a sign on the dash board
that read, ‘Sir will you please drive me again'!
Bernard Snyder's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('A Black Beamer's Ride' by Bernard Snyder )
Did you read them?
- AUTUMN BRIDE, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry