A.Blok, To Valery Bryusov - Translation (Rus.)
To Valery Bryusov
(On receiving 'The mirror of shadows')
Again, again your spirit secret
In dark of night, in empty night,
Causes your lonely dream to nestle
And drink your juice with great delight.
Let's make an eucharist to soul,
The poison, pain and sweetness - drink,
And silently let's look a book through,
To a mirror of the shadows let's stick...
Let's in that case, tormenting heavily,
The passion - beats you, and the grief - by snakes.
The thunderstorm of fate occasionaly
Predicts the end, the murder - let's...
All, that was tortured, burned, distorted,
Here comes to be a light dream fury,
The field of a mourning mirror - would turn
To be fixed with a transparent beauty...
And with that beauty one law's ordered:
'Let's burn and burn. And live a life.
While wing of love is shooted over -
The love altar is red with blood.'
20 march 1912
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A.Blok, To Valery Bryusov - Translation (Rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(22 March 1941 -)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- There Goes My Baby, Zahoor Butt
- One Ethics One Language, Akhtar Jawad
- i hide acorns, cristobal Benjumea
- do we go to toulouse or new york, cristobal Benjumea
- do we go to toloulouse or new york, cristobal Benjumea
- I see the ruins did love win or lose, cristobal Benjumea
- REAL HUMANITY, hasmukh amathalal
- Non Sequitur with Sirius, Paul Hartal
- Suiyang, My Hometown, Luo Zhihai
- Correction Room, Akhtar Jawad