A Booby Trap!
She is not flesh and bones
She is intelligent substance,
And decency of character.
She is womanly flesh
Of hand felt proportions!
She knows her way,
And will hold your hand
Until you safely find yours.
There is no judgement in her compassion,
Although, there is a giggle in her eyes.
And a wiggle in her walk.
Faith and love are the warmth
In her nature.
There is a nurturing heart
Beating under the fullness of her breast....
Did somebody say 'Breast'?
Holy Bazoongas! ! !
Most of the time,
The story ends there.
Ruby Honeytip's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Booby Trap! by Ruby Honeytip )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
Poem of the Day
- Upturned Heart Of Joy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Upturned Heart's Joy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nature in tact, hasmukh amathalal
- Daytime tropic, Luo Zhihai
- Vibrant Liberation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fear of the society, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- from..., Morgan Michaels
- Ebony Sadness Of Grief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Comes only once, hasmukh amathalal
- Giving Entire Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak